View Single Post
Old May 30 2013, 03:13 AM   #7
indranee
Vice Admiral

Re: [spoiler] & Bones McCoy or James Kirk Relationship Thread

Shanndee wrote: View Post
So now you've gone and put an interesting couple possibility in my head!

I quite liked Marcus/Kirk in the movie. It seems obvious that the relationship will continue along the lines of the prime universe (if the homage scene is anything to go by), but I also like your Marcus/McCoy suggestion as well. I liked their back and forth while "defusing" the weapon.

So, do I vote for what I believe will happen (which I do like) or do I vote for what looks like a possibly more challenging (and fun?) pair?

Decisions, decisions...

Oh, indranee where will you be posting the review you mentioned in the Spock/Uhura thread (or have you posted it and I missed it?)
Shanndee haven't posted it yet. I'm going to watch it, yes, a fourth time this coming weekend ... I'll post after that. ALL my non-Trekkie friends seem to now watch this movie with me. They weren't like this in 2009. Most of them waited for the dvd/cable etc. I wonder what's going on...

*cough*WoM*cough*

As for Spock/Uhura, see, I loved the *idea* of it but I just can't see it progressing well because of the way these dudes are writing it. Trek never did do romance well save for a precious few instances. I just don't think Orci/Kurtzman can write Uhura well. The problem is -- to me -- how she's being made to play "Uhura in love". Ugh. I'll leave it there for now. I'll put the rest of my thoughts in the review.

Last edited by M'Sharak; May 30 2013 at 04:40 AM.
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote