Thread: death penalty
View Single Post
Old May 29 2013, 08:10 PM   #85
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Re: death penalty

stj wrote: View Post
I'm not quite sure where the thread can go.
Agreed. Beside the OP, I don't think anyone here argued that the death penalty is moral, practical, or effective.

The ill-natured "joke" about Italian being awesome (that's a devastating satire on one's nation's pretensions!) was matched by my bilious jibe about Berlusconia. The only difference is I'm retroactively embarrassed by the crudity.
My "ill-natured joke", as you call it, was a response to the particularly bad taste of the topic, brought forth by another Italian. As I said, it was playful prancing, and if you read the original exchange, it was quite apparently so. But I guess humour is something that escapes you. If you prefer, I can offer a point-by-point discussion of why and how Italy sucks, completed with in-depth analysis of national politics, cultural context, and a number of personal anecdotes. I have no troubles harshly criticizing my country, just as I have no troubles telling a joke or two about it being awesome. I know it might come as a surprise to you, but not it's not mandatory to be dull and aggrieved all the time.

Disliking Lega Nord, especially for being lower class, is not leftwing
My dislike of Lega Nord has nothing to do with them being lower-class, and anything with them being xenophobes and arseholes.