View Single Post
Old May 29 2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: A Thought about TrekCore and DS9 in HD

Your proposal is not really what Kickstarter is for. If CBS decides to go ahead with DS9 blurays, and if the season 6 and 7 CGI fleet scenes need to be redone, they will spend their own money to do it. The last thing they're going to do is accept submissions from fans.

Personally, if this does happen (and if it does it won't be anytime soon), I would prefer that all new CGI battle scenes be created that look nothing like what was done before. At the time, the producers of DS9 needed CGI starships for the battle scenes, so they remapped three of the FC ships plus a CGI Miranda built for FC, used the Nebula class U.S.S. Bonchune for only one scene, and scanned the Enterprise-D, Defiant, and Greg Jein's Excelsior built for VOY "Flashback" into CGI models. The Galaxy, Defiant and Nebula classes are fine, but we saw way too many Mirandas and Excelsiors for my taste. And I hate the FC ships.

I would prefer that if the scenes need to be redone, then all new designs should be created. I mean it's CGI; they can come up with anything they want. There's no reason at all to reuse old designs like the Reliant and Excelsior now.

Of course, I'm sure none of that will actually happen.