View Single Post
Old May 29 2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Amasov
Rear Admiral

Re: Trek I to X: Special Edition/Director's cut on Blu Ray

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
Amasov wrote: View Post
I'm glad to have the theatrical cuts too! I just wish it was the other way around. I wish the theatrical cuts were the DVD versions and the DE/SE were the BLU-RAYs.
Yep and what really kills me is if Paramount cared even a little bit more, they could have very easily created Blu-ray discs that include both Theatrical and Director's Editions of all the movies (aside from TMP of course) via seamless branching. Paramount really needs to get a clue from the way CBS is so thoroughly handling the TV properties.
I always felt Paramount's attitude towards things like this is just, "Whatever we make, as long as it has STAR TREK on the label, it'll sell.

I love the SE/DE DVDs that were coming out, but the special features -- mostly from ST2 and 3 -- felt very half-assed and not well-produced. They didn't seem to take the time to do a good job. Hell, Shatner's interview from ST2 and ST3 is clearly from the same sitting, just split in two and there are some INSANELY close shots of Nimoy and Bennet's faces in the interviews. I remember I actually moved back a bit from my screen, they were so close.

I don't want these in High-Def!
Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote