View Single Post
Old November 4 2005, 05:41 PM   #86
galleywest
Hallowed Weenie

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Posted by cooleddie74:
I'm cooleddie74. You all know me by now. If you don't, ask the fine folks in the Movies and ENT forums.
There are people that don't know you on this board, cooleddie?? Nah.

As for me, I started watching TNG when I was about 12 years old or so--I was instantly hooked. I loved the way it looked--the sleek design of the ship, the lighting, everything. I wanted to live on the 1701-D!

I had trekkie friends in high school and we had a good time together--I wouldn't have made it through without those guys. One of the reasons I like TNG so much is because it reminds me of good people and some very fun times. I guess it's psychological!

My favorite character is Data, my favorite episode has always been Data's Day. I wasn't in contact with any other trekkies over the internet until last year when I signed on here to try to find out what the heck was going on with Enterprise. Because of this, a lot of the popular opinions on TNG issues are things I never even thought about before. I thought Wesley was okay, I liked Lwaxana and Q, I enjoyed Imaginary Friend, I never 'shipped for any of the characters...I don't know no better!

And finally, in real life I teach anthropology. I blame TNG entirely for getting me interested in how other cultures operate. Seriously, I was always interested in archaeology, but TNG was my introduction into many of the anthropological principles I would later come across. :thumbsup: