View Single Post
Old May 29 2013, 11:02 AM   #124
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

Your work really puts things into proverbial new perspectives.

Now I see (from the transport chamber) how actually close the transporter console is next to the wall. In the original shots they obviously made certain we didn't see too much of that area and apparently removed the wall to place their camera equipment "behind" it. Very interesting.

Whether the star chart should be there in a Season Three set or not is an interesting question.

The star chart evolved during the first season (no lines, then two lines, then three lines overimposed) and by the time of "Dagger of the Mind" the wall behind the console had the engineering master display.
Given the big probability of several transporter rooms having this star chart (showing the position of the Enterprise?) I can't think of a good reason why it shouldn't be in a Season Three transporter room just because we haven't seen it.

The one transporter room which did not feature the star chart is the one with the yellow equipment / food elevators seen in "This Side of Paradise" during Kirk's brawl with Spock. But that's not the one you featured so I'd say your recreation is beautiful and flawless.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote