Some of the best stories of Trek, or many other genres for that matter, involve a "desperate struggle against incredible odds," to quote a certain reptilian Navigator First Class. So this month's challenge is to weave a tale of a doomed but heroic struggle, of a pyrrhic victory, or where your heroes make that final stand, determined to go out in a "blaze of glory." Whether they're successful or not, of course, is up to you.
And now, The Rules:
- Word limit: 10,000 words max, with a little wiggle room above if needed.
- Story must be original for this month’s challenge, nothing posted here before please.
- Let’s keep the challenge in the Trek arena, canon or your personal fic.
- Only complete stories will be eligible; finishing the story before posting it is a good idea.
- Post a link to your entry in this thread when you’re done.
- Contest to run until midnight (US Eastern Standard Time) June 27th, with voting to follow from June 28th to June 30th.
Any questions can be directed to me here or via PM.