View Single Post
Old May 29 2013, 03:05 AM   #3094
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
See, this is how you do straight repacks of older figures. Make them a store exclusive so they don't pile up in every conceivable retail outlet from Maine to California and use some of the best molds you have in your vault. While Mattel is a toy company that I've never been too impressed with when it comes to action figures their Dark Knight Trilogy three-pack set was a better idea for a straight repack of older product than some I've seen come out of other companies for other film franchises in the recent past.

Plus, Batman's always hot with somebody somewhere even if they're six years old.
It's not quite straight repack, though. The TDK version has a new head, and a cloth cape. The TDKR version has a new head and accessory.

As much as I may complain about certain things Mattel does, DC Universe is still one of my favorite lines ever. There has never been, and probably never will be again a more comprehensive line of DC figures. Not to mention the excellent sculpts, and the high level of articulation. They really did hit a home run with this one. It's earned its place in the pantheon of great toy lines in history.