View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 11:21 PM   #16
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia
Re: Time and Again paradox

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Young Braxton that shows up at the end says that they have the technology to scan through alternate time lines, which is something grampaBraxton couldn't do. Young Braxton also thought that Janeway had a destiny meanwhile Grampa Braxton thought that she was an asshole.

The simple answer is the Doctor's 29th century mobile emitter kickstarted a lot of inovation that didn't happen when it was blown apart into a billion pieces as Voyager crashed into the 29th century.
I like comedy and am a sentimental mushball most of the time, so I like Future's End because:

1) Sarah Silverman! She was adorable flirting with Tom! As much as I love the Paris/Torres 'ship, I think Silverman and McNeil had great chemistry.

2) Ed Begley Jr. I love him as the evil egomaniac!

3) Tom and Tuvok's banter with each other and... again, Sarah Silverman.

4) The Doc's mobile emitter is discovered and taken. The most prized object ever given to him. It brought him so much joy and made for great EMH episodes later on.

5) You get to see how much Tom ACTUALLY knows about 20th Century culture. It's good, but not as perfect as he thought.

6) They finally were on Earth again. Right place, wrong time.

As for the time travel madness... I will abide by Janeway's philosophy.. "Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."