View Single Post
Old November 1 2005, 12:55 PM   #22
Amelie
Fleet Captain

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I'm 27 years old. I adored TOS when I was little (it was on BBC2 when I was at primary school in the 1980's). When TNG first came out, I didn't want to watch it. I swore it would never be the same as Kirk. But sure enough I did start watching it and I got hooked. TNG remains my favourite show of all time.

I live in London, I have a Philosophy degree, a post graduate LLB law degree and the LPC (legal practice course) which trains you to practice as a solcitor. BUT am still strugglnig to find a training post that you need to become a solicitor

I'm more interested in individual character development in TNG than big exciting stories. My favourites are Picard, Dr Crusher (yes I wanted them to get together!) and I love episodes that explore their friendship.

I also have a very big soft spot for Reginald Barclay. Because he reminds me of me. When I was a child and thru the teenage years, I was timid, shy and scared of people. I would prefer to hide away and bury my head in a book (holodeck not invented yet!) rather than be with people. I grew out of that but I still have a big tendency to annoy people and screw up. I also think he desreved more credit than he got and was judged too harshly by people. He never actually screwed up that badly but still got mistrusted all the time. Would like to see more discussion of him, but alot of people seem to dislike him and I guess he was only in 5 episodes much to my disappointment
There is some kind of all-powerful, all-knowing force that controls everything in the universe. And it's so fucking bored, it'll actually take time out to orchestrate a petty letdown like that." -- Georgia Lass
Amelie is offline   Reply With Quote