View Single Post
Old November 1 2005, 04:14 AM   #14
Whoa Nellie
Fleet Captain

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I am Mrs. Whoa Nellie, 37 years old, happily married for 17 years and a stay-at-home mom with two children. I was raised on TOS and began watching TNG when it first aired while I was in college working on my degree in Psychology. I'm one half of the writing team known under the penname of Whoa Nellie, who have been writing Star Trek romance fan fiction for nearly a decade. My co-author and I are one of the few writers who pair Picard with Vash. The Picard/Vash pairing was decided on for a number of reasons.

Like Picard, Vash is an explorer with an expertise in archaeology. She is an adventurer, a female Indiana Jones. In the episodes where she appears, this beautiful brunette, with her beguiling smile and blue eyes, manages to charm not only the good captain of the Enterprise but the omnipotent Q as well. She is not a Starfleet officer and her brilliance is matched only by her brazen recklessness. This provides a great deal of leeway in stories. My co-author and I are constantly admiring writer Ira Steven Behr who created her for the series. She is the perfect foil for Picard's straight man. As a couple, they are Bogart and Bacall. Watch Bogart and Bacall in the classic movie "To Have and Have Not" and then watch "Captain's Holiday." You'll see what I mean. The pairing of Picard/Vash is just plain fun to write!

My favorite image of Picard.

Warmest Wishes,
Whoa Nellie