View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 07:46 PM   #6067
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

That last TV (#7) spot was decent. At the very least, it didn't make me think of Johnathan Kent and the drowning of children Superman seemed to not be as depressed as I thought he'd be, but being somewhat normal with two lines in a tV spot doesn't mean he won't start copying bale's Batman for most of the movie (and bearded clark argues for dark, depressed Superman more than two lines from a trailer argue against).

Also, Lois is starting to get annoying, and it has nothing do do with her lines. The trouble with casting people that look nothing like more common versions of the characters in stuff like this is that it gets confusing. I expect Lois to have black or very dark brown hair, so when I'm not thinking about it I can't tell if she's in a trailer/tv spot or not. Thats not always a problem if the actor/actress is memorable (like Laurence Fishbure, I'd have never picked him as Perry but he's easily identifiable) but Amy Adams is so bland and not Lois like that its honestly hard to tell in a fast trailer/TV spot if its Lois or random women in certain clips.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote