View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 05:57 PM   #1337
The Black Stig
Rear Admiral

Re: STID "tracking" for $85-90 million opening [U.S. box office]

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
Plus I look at STiD's #3 spot like this. It was only just barely #3. Hangover III did a mere 4 million more in business which in big movie release terms means that they were more or less tied.
Considering that STID opened at a huge number of IMAX locations and that it was in 3-D at a higher ticket price than the previous film + that Paramount make a big effort to promote and even release the film overseas first - coupled with the fact that they hired an international film star, Cumberbatch and it didn't, 'hit it out of the park,' with over $100 million opening weekend - I'd wager that the beancounters at Paramount are disappointed.

But, go right ahead an put the happy face on the numbers.

We shall see.

As an aside, I wonder if Paramount is worried about their next big release in June, World War Z, which they've also put a subsantial financial stake into?

I'm sure that Iron Man however has pleased everyone at Paramount this summer however.
We shall see what, exactly? There's going to be a third film by the same production company featuring the same cast.

All we know is that he's not The Stig, he's The Stig's drowned predecessor.
The Black Stig is offline   Reply With Quote