View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 05:39 PM   #46
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: New Arrested Development! (SPOILERS)

Venardhi wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Ten episodes in and I'm still not sure what I think. No real laugh out loud moments and the episodes overlap so much that it feels like I've gotten three or four episodes worth of actual new material so far.
Interesting you say that. I haven't seen them but wasn't the season supposed to be 10 episodes, than 12, 13, now 15, and they kept adding more episodes because of the extra footage?
Finished the whole thing just now and I completely agree with BillJ. This feels like it was all setup and no payoff. There is also not really anything to root for with these characters anymore. They're not lovably disfunctional, they're just assholes.

I almost wish it had just stayed dead at this point.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.
Most shows should have stayed dead after they were canceled the first time.

What I find sad is the fact they took 15 episodes, which the creator calls the "first act" of the movie that is supposed to come out. The problem with is, as mentioned, what's the point of having 6-7 hours of a "first act" of a 1.5-2 hour movie?

Also, the movie hasn't been green light, it hasn't been written. These could be the last time we see these characters. It should have been the first "movie" of a trilogy. The season can stand on it's own, but you can still go back and add more stories to it.