View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 04:47 PM   #17
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Re: AFT NACELLE (Spoilers)

chardman wrote: View Post
I have a not entirely legal screener of the film (don't ask, as tsuch topics are verboten here), and just listened to this scene repeatedly, and he most certainly doesn't say "located behind the aft nacelle". I can't say for certain what he actually is saying, but it's NOT "aft nacelle". It sounds more like he's saying "located behind the arms-cell" (?), though I think it's far more likely that he's say "arsenal", though drawn out, emphasizing all 3 syllables, as "Ar-sen-al". I'd imagine that a ship's arsenal is pretty heavily reinforced, and that such an area would be a great place to locate other essential systems, such as life support.
Shilliam Watner wrote: View Post
I watched the movie for the 3rd time and he most definitely stated 'aft nacelle'. My brother walking out of the theater looked at me and said "where is the aft nacelle?" He thinks the writers just made a mistake in their terminology.
Sorry, but I listened to it a dozen times or more, specifically listening to that part over and over, and he does NOT say "aft nacelle". As I said before, it's not clear what he actually is saying, but it isn't "aft nacelle".
No... he CLEARLY, 100% says something other than 'aft nacelle', which we all know makes absolutely no sense, and wouldn't have survived to the final print in even the most amateurish fan film. He clearly says something that merely (but unfortunately) sounds a bit like 'aft nacelle', but isn't. And that's the only thing that's obvious.

This reminds me of the arguments of several posters years back, who insisted that JJ had changed Kirk's middle name in Trek '09, because they were convinced that the kid-Kirk told the cop his name was James Siberius Kirk".
Sorry, you are wrong. H clearly says:
Your crew requires oxygen to survive, mine does not. I will target your life support systems located behind the aft nacelle. And after every single person aboard your ship suffocates I will walk over your cold corpses to recover my people. Now, shall we begin?
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote