View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 12:29 PM   #3548
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Belz... wrote: View Post
And the long answer ?

I've never gotten into online gaming because pvp pisses me off. I prefer playing on my own or coop. So I don't know if this is for me.
Currently, PvP is totally optional and a very very minor part of STO. There are only a handful of PvP maps out of the hundreds of places to go. In fact, I haven't touched the pvp aspect of STO for months and I don't miss a thing.

The game itself is largely split into two parts, the level-up game and end-game. The leveling up portion of is filled with story missions that is usually played by yourself although you can also invite friends to play with you. Right now Romulan players would probably have the most fun as all their missions are not only brand new, the missions are also some of the most creative, interesting and challenging that Cryptic has come up with.

Beyond level 40 and especially when you hit level 50, the game transitions to a mostly co-op game with lots of Fleet Actions, Special Task Force missions that are much harder and you have to play with a group of players to complete specific tasks.