View Single Post
Old May 28 2013, 03:02 AM   #3547
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Belz... wrote: View Post
And the long answer ?

I've never gotten into online gaming because pvp pisses me off. I prefer playing on my own or coop. So I don't know if this is for me.
You don't have to PvP. There are sanctioned PvP zones that you can avoid entirely. Outside of them, no one can just attack you. There are co-op options, so you can easily play with your friends, or the TrekBBS fleet.

Anyway, to the long answer:

Star Trek Online has become a lot of fun. That's not to say it was actually boring, but with this latest update that creates a Romulan faction, it is just a blast to play. You can now play as a Federation, Klingon, or Romulan faction. That's a lot of choices. There are dozens of races to choose from, and hundreds more you can create on your own. You can choose the types of ships you want to fly, and you get your own command crew to rename, customize, decide how you want.

There are a lot of places to travel, both around space, and planetside. The graphics for the game look very good, and some of the newer environments are just so nice and polished (check out Hathon, when you warp to Bajor. It has a day and night cycle).

You can loadout your ships with different weapons, shields, engine, console combinations. Seriously, the game is quite a bit of fun if you like Star Trek, and even if you don't. The latest interface upgrade makes the whole system look very Trekkish, and I have to say I like it more than the previous one.

I do recommend giving it a try. It's free, and you don't need to pay anything to rise from the lowest ranking to the highest.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.