View Single Post
Old May 27 2013, 08:32 PM   #3748
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

BillJ wrote: View Post
siskokid888 wrote: View Post

I actually agree with you on all these points. I really am having a hard time pointing out what bugged me about this film as compared to ST09, which I loved. Its like something was missing, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe my second viewing will enlighten me.
I think it might have been stronger if they had dug a bit more in Marcus' plan and Khan's backstory. But doing either of those things would've simply opened them up to more criticism if it didn't exactly match what some people had in their heads.

So that is kind of a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" scenario.
Also true. I think the problem is that I didn't feel an emotional payoff from this film like I got from the first one. Kirk's "death" scene didn't do it for me, nor did the ensuing hospital room scene. I got a little charge from the beginning of the five year mission. That may be where I feel the movie fell a little short.
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote