View Single Post
Old May 27 2013, 12:58 PM   #20
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: New Arrested Development! (SPOILERS)

1001001 wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
I watched the first three episodes today.

Not sure what to think. So far, it seems uneven.
If you think of it as an eight-hour Arrested Development film, it feels a little better. That first episode was bad, though.
That makes sense, since it's all inter-related.

I agree, the first episode was a mess. Michael seemed totally out of character to me.
The more episodes I watch (I made it through 7 yesterday), the less "out of character" he seems and the more "desperate" he appears. I mean, yes, he is out of character, but that's because of what he's gone through (I'm guessing) and not poor writing.

I do agree that it takes a while for it to start getting good. Probably about the same time this new batch of episodes is able to start relying on its own on-going jokes (such as "coincidence").

And, wow, I got the joke right away, but apparently some people are upset about the "Scenestealer Pro Trail Version" watermark. I guess it's just a reminder that Arrested Development's humor is very meta, as I assume the joke is a reference to the numerous people who used similar software to rip DVDs for things like YouTube or to create Gifs.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote