View Single Post
Old May 27 2013, 03:43 AM   #26
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: RLM - Half in the Bag does STID [SPOILERS]

M wrote: View Post
^ Thanks for that response. I can understand not wanting to watch a video of guys talking about a movie. For me personally, the people at RLM have found the perfect mixture of satire, comedy, all-out craziness and actual insight. They are all very passionate about movies and movie making, and it shows. They know what they're talking about, and they do it in a manner, which I, personally, love. Their videos are well-edited, well-written and funny. I don't need more.
I didn't mention that before, but I do have to agree that the editing and overall construction on the ST09 review were quite well-done. I still think it's overlong, but that's definitely my issue.

M wrote: View Post
As for this particular review: I would say the STID episode is more or less 90 percent actual review, with only a very tiny portion being non-related comedy material. So I guess you wouldn't be disappointed watching this. It's the internet equivalent of a conversation about the movie with friends. One certainly doesn't have to like that. But I sure do.
I may give it shot, then, after things have settled down a bit more. It's just a little busy, right at the moment.

[Edited to add: on a completely unrelated note, M, you may want to try looking up a group (no longer active, unfortunately) called Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Several albums' worth of material released over a period of 10 years, plus live performances may be found on YouTube.]

Last edited by M'Sharak; May 27 2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: sleepytime gorilla museum rec.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote