View Single Post
Old May 27 2013, 03:11 AM   #46
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why did they bother...

Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm fairly convinced at this point that to a certain group of fans there is simply nothing Abrams can do right, short of leaving the franchise.
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
And even then you can be sure the same people will be making posts whining about his cruel betrayal because he was never a true fan.
YARN wrote: View Post
And I am fairly convinced that to a certain group there is no criticism of the new films, no matter how patiently reasoned it may be, which will be tolerated.
And to be honest, it's none of those things.

If I wanted to buy a table, I have a choice. I could buy a wood table hand crafted and made with care with a beautiful finish that could last a century. Or I could buy a metal and plastic table with an artificial veneer that might look just like the wood tabletop, but really isn't. Both tables may last the same amount of time, but you really know that one is better quality than the other.

It doesn't matter who directed the movie. It's just an artificial veneer over something that may be great fun and cool sci-fi, but just really isn't Star Trek.
The "it isn't Star Trek" argument again. It's like flashing back to 2009 again ( also to 1979, 1987 and 2001). So I have to ask, why isn't it Star Trek?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote