May 27 2013, 12:41 AM
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: is babylonian 5 any good
Or you could just buy a large bottle of Vodka and make a game out of it with some friends. Okay looking at a the rules: a VERY large bottle, or a VERY small shot glass.
The Babylon 5 Drinking Game.
How will it end?
- Recite the introduction along with Sinclair, Sheridan, etc. Drink once each time you screw up.
- Yell "Incoming!" and drink once when a blue jump point or jump gate opens.
- Yell "Outgoing!" and spit (or pretend to) when a yellow jump point or jump gate opens.
- When a character drinks alcohol, you drink. If a toast is offered, repeat the toast.
- If the toast is "Valtoo!" take an extra drink.
- If the drink is a Jovian Sunspot, take an extra drink.
- If the character is Minbari, chug.
- Drink once when a Psi-Cop appears.
- The first time that Lyta Alexander appears on-screen, yell "I'd do her!" regardless of your gender and sexual preference. Whoever says it first wins. Everyone else takes one drink.
- As above, with "Danger, Will Robinson!" for Lennier.
- As above, with "It's the One-Armed Man!" for G'Kar.
- As above, with "Dorfman!" for Vir.
- Drink once and toast the "Great Maker" when JMS's name appears onscreen.
- When Garibaldi refers to his nth favorite thing in the universe, drink max(5-n,1) times. Double that amount if we actually see the nth favorite thing.
- Drink once when someone besides Ivanova exhibits characteristically Russian pessimism.
- Drink once when Vir takes a stand against someone in a more powerful position (e.g. Londo, Morden).
- Drink once when anyone imitates Londo.
- Drink once when a character has a waking dream, vision, premonition, etc.
- Drink twice if a situation causes a character to recall a waking dream, vision, premonition, etc.
- Drink once when any of the following characters appear on-screen or are referenced by name in dialogue:
- General Franklin
- General Hague
- Brother Theo
- "The First Ones"
- Lord Refa
- Rebo and Zootie
- Drink once when Delenn describes a Minbari ritual. Take an extra drink if she does not use the words "It is a tradition among my people" or a variant thereof.
- Drink once when Delenn recites the following dialogue, or a variation:
I am grey; I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey; we stand between the darkness and the light.
- Drink once when Lennier kicks some ass.
- Drink once when Lennier acts inappropriately for a member of the religious caste (e.g. riding a motorcycle, modeling a bikini, or playing poker).
- Drink once when a Drazi uses the word "purple" or "green". Yes, every time.
- Drink when a sector of B5 is mentioned in dialogue.
- Take a second drink if it's a brown sector, and a third drink if it wasn't a security officer mentioning it.
- If it's a green sector, yell "Purple!" All but first person to do so take a second drink.
- Drink once whenever Centauri genitalia are mentioned, or appear on-screen.
- Drink once whenever G'Kar's sexual habits, preferences, or talents are mentioned.
- Drink once when the Book of G'Quon is abused.
- Drink once when a legislature or other ruling body is dissolved.
- Drink once when any race's homeworld is seen from space. Don't forget about Earth or Z'ha'dum!
- Drink once when it's pretty clear that somebody is totally naked, even though you can't tell for certain. Twice if it's somebody from the opening credits.
- Drink once when Bester turns a personal insult into pleasant conversation (e.g. "A piņata? So I'm filled with toys and candy and smiles for children?").
- Show respect for the dead. For each funeral service performed, stand, uncover, and drink a toast to the departed.
- Drink once when any of the following is mentioned in dialogue:
- G'Quon (twice for G'Quon Eth)
- Illegal orders
- The chain of command
- Civilian targets
- Weapons of mass destruction
- Ultraviolet priority
- Gold channel
- Sector 14
- Orion 7
- Io transfer point
- Zeta Squadron
- Universe Today (twice if it appears onscreen)
- Spoo (twice if it is "fresh")
- Code 7R
- The Kha'Ri
- Drink once when the Great Machine appears onscreen or is referenced in dialogue.
- Drink once when someone quotes literature. If anyone can identify the author or work, everyone else takes an extra drink.
- Drink once when the Zima sign appears onscreen.
- Drink once when a link or Babcom beeps at an inconvenient time.
- Drink once when Kosh's ship appears on-screen.
- Drink once if a C&C Tech appears outside of C&C.
- Drink once if Babylon 5's blast doors close. Drink twice if they should be closed, but nobody thinks to order it.
- Drink four times if a character listed in the opening credits dies.
- Drink once whenever somebody says that humans build communities. Drink twice if it is actually relevant.
- Drink once whenever somebody mentions that there are races millions of years older than our own. Drink twice if it's someone other than Delenn.
- Drink once for each line Kosh speaks.
- Drink twice when Kosh appears outside his encounter suit.
- Drink once when anyone asks, "Who are you?" or "What do you want?"
In the toilet.
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."
Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz