Thread: Yorktown
View Single Post
Old May 26 2013, 11:12 PM   #1
Angry Fanboy
Lieutenant Commander

Yorktown

Occasionally inspiration comes to you when you least expect it. Or at least it can for me...

You can think and think about a particular story that you wish to tell, such as trying to create a yarn suitable for the monthly challenge, and come up dry.

Alternatively, you can sometimes sit by your keyboard an hour before leaving for work with the seed of an idea and the words can flow onto the virtual page with an ease that amazes you.

The following piece is the result of that hour, plus a little polishing here and there. It is the opening chapter of something that I hope will continue, and that my friends and fellow writers here and at Ad Astra will enjoy.

I'm not entirely sure how to describe or pitch the concept to you all.

I suppose it is meant to be a proto-Star Trek. A glimpse at a Star Trek future through the eyes of someone other than Gene Roddenberry in the early 1960s. Perhaps someone less positive about the future than Roddenberry? Or perhaps someone more rooted in the past...

In any case, I hope you enjoy the result of my little flight of fantasy, and thank you for reading this rather egotistical introduction!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Yorktown.
Angry Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote