View Single Post
Old May 26 2013, 06:09 PM   #117
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoil

So, staying home and not feeling too well yesterday, I watched episodes 2-10 all in a row.

Overall I like this show. Vera Farmiga is mesmerizing. Total borderline personality disorder. So incredibly sexycrazy.

I think Charlie Bucket is growing into the role, getting better by the episode. His range of emotions, especially the quiet desperation and simmering fury, is nicely done.

I was hoping for a little more with the teacher. Hopefully they'll go back to it beginning next season.

Emma is a delightful, sad character.

Dylan...the product of incest between Norma and her brother? That could be true...it would explain her dislike of him from the beginning (at least from his point of view).

The Chinese sex slave plot seemed weird and unfocused to me. I think it was a little thin.

Overall, I'd give it a solid B, and will watch next season.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote