View Single Post
Old May 26 2013, 02:18 PM   #902
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
The Mother daughter relationship was my first thought for any easy explanation when I saw this debate yesterday.

Its unlikely but I would like to see that original X-men films take place earlier than they were made. In their universe technology advanced at a much fast pace. Which would be consistent with how tech is portrayed in superhero comics in general. I think this would solve some of the issues of ages. I would place them in the late 80s early 90s.
Based on what we've been shown, the late 90s/early 2000s would be a better fit. Here's how I'd re-jigger the timeline based on what we know:
1962 - First Class (confirmed placement)
1973 - Days of Future Past (confirmed placement)
1975 - Origins: Wolverine (confirmed placement if not scrubbed from canon)
1980 - Xavier and Erik visit Jean (twenty years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
1990 - Young Warren tries to cut out his wings (ten years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
2000 - X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand

I put all 3 films in the trilogy as taking place in the span of a single year because, Presidential actor differences aside, their events seem to take place fairly close together.