View Single Post
Old May 26 2013, 04:45 AM   #435
Brit
Captain

Re: When did voyager go wrong?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
If Mexico had claimed your wide open planes instead of the US in 1845, and held on to those fresh and vital oilfields until some bastard knew what to do with them, would that have completely changed the shape of World War One? You can't tell me that Texas, Mexico and Germany wouldn't have sucked Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana in after a ridiculous show of force, situating a Greater Germanic Republic on the American continent, all but castrating the US as a superpower in the 20th century?
Probably not Guy, you do know that when Texas was petitioning for statehood they were putting pressure on the US by threating to claim all the territory from the edge of the Louisiana Purchase to the Pacific Ocean. Oh and Mexico did try to reclaim the Texas territories which is why the US had to fight a war with them in the 1840's after Texas was declared a state.

I don't think that there was any kind of conspiracy to take Texas by the Germans because the second wave of immigrants came over to escape the First World War, but that was after Napoleon tried to set up his puppet Emperor in Mexico in the 1860's. He was probably pretty pissed at the deal the US got to purchase the Louisiana Territory and saw this as a chance to get a foothold in the Americas. That worked just about as well as his idea to invade Russia in the winter.

You can say a lot of things about Texas but it has never been dull. LOL Did you know we have a state lizard - A Texas Horned Lizard otherwise known as a Horned Frog and (ok don't laugh) or a Horney Toad.

Kind of an ugly little thing, but you know it can shoot blood out of its eyes. A fact used by Texas Christian University whose mascot is a Horned Frog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-dW6EAmc4

Brit is offline   Reply With Quote