Old May 25 2013, 09:21 PM   #185
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile
Re: Offiical XBox (3) Launch Thread

MacLeod wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
AlphaMan wrote: View Post
Very interesting!! I don't see what's so objectionable about this arrangement other than the 24 hour mandatory log in.
This system would still prevent the ability to borrow games from friends, which is actually a bigger deal for me than the used game issue. I typically buy games new and normally don't trade them in, but borrowing games from friends has been a part of my gaming experience since the days of the Sega Master System. This generation alone I borrowed Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Just Cause, and Portal (The Orange Box, technically) and I enjoyed them so much that I bought them for myself and the sequels.

I went along with the restrictions on PC games because piracy was a legitimate problem on that platform, but extending them to consoles just seems like a short-sighted cash-grab.
So if piracy is becomming a problem on consoles, and it was ok to implement measures to combat piracy on PC's, what's the difference between doing it on a PC and a console?
It's warranted on neither, in my opinion.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote