View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 06:17 PM   #29
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Game of Thrones 3.8 - "Second Sons" - Rate and discuss

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
That's what I'm talking about. But, then who takes care of Mr. Sadist when he's done? He's far worse than Joffrey.
Joffrey tortured and killed an 'innocent' woman with a crossbow just because he could.

I'd say they're on about equal footing.
Joffrey is really bad, but he's not Ramsey. He doesn't drag out the pain/torture for long periods of time, at least not as long as Ramsey to my knowledge. Ramsey skins people alive, and bit by bit, then chops off pieces one at a time. He's doing that to Theon in addition to starving him, psychologically torturing/brainwashing him, and making him live in his own filth.

Joffrey's evil, but he gets it over with, not because he's a better person, just because he bores quickly and wants to move on to the next thing (like a 5yr. old with a box of toys). So even though he's just as evil as Ramsey, he's not as bad. Very bad, just not quite as bad.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
I voted excellent. The Tyrion/Sansa wedding was a great sequence, especially Tyrion threatening Joffrey. Sam killing the white walker was another highlight. So far Daario is more likable than he was in the books, and Dany's nudity here, where she's still regal and in command, was a nice juxtaposition to her nudity where she's about to take a bath in the very first episode, which highlighted her vulnerability.
I hadn't thought about that. Good point.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote