View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 03:18 PM   #7
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Babylon 5 - Why 'Sinclair' left the show

I have to admit, when I just saw the thread title, and not the OP's name, I did an eye roll and thought, "Not this again." I was not expecting this.

Thanks, Jan, for sharing that. Too often we're inundated by celebrities that use and abuse their fame (Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, etc.), and of course, all the stories people have of sci-fi actors, who, when people meet them are rude, etc.

I never much cared why Michael O'Hare left the show, save I always knew it wasn't because of his ability as an actor. I fully believe he played Sinclair the way JMS wanted, and that the so-called "woodeness" of his acting, was a choice, considering who Sinclair is and what he went through.

This story speaks to courage, trust, and friendship. It also speaks to what made Babylon 5 so great, it had a creator who, while focused on the product, was also concerned with those who were behind it.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote