View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 03:09 PM   #3637
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

ryng12345 wrote: View Post
Thank you for your detailed rebuttal to my review. I am honored that someone would not only take the time to read it but to put more effort into the reply than my original review. You kinda convinced me to your way of thinking and that maybe I remembered the movie wrong.
Obviously not that much, because you still stuck to your guns on not only the subjective things (which is fine), but also on the things which were just plain factually inaccurate.

But I still say --

The colors are mostly all unnatural.
You know I was kind of agreeing with you there a little bit, right? Not that the colors are unnatural so much as the orange and teal tints are overused and over-emphasized in big budget films to make skin tones pop out on the screen.

McCoy said, "I'm a doctor not an Engineer" too many times. I thought he said it three times in the movie. If not then maybe the way it was used made it feel that it was too much.
The way it was used was not to be used at all. He never once said "I'm a doctor not an Engineer," much less three times. He said "Damn it, man, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician!" once, and never used the "I'm a doctor, not a _______" catch phrase again in the film.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/I%27m_a_doctor,_not_a...

It sort of undercuts your point when you keep insisting that something happened when it didn't.

And the new transporter effect was too drasticly changed. The changes seen in the other movies were okay because technology advanced. This movie is still in the days of young Kirk and Spock.
Too drastically changed from what? This is a new universe with new technology, including things that are more advanced then the technology of the same era in the Prime Trek Universe. It's fine to not like the effect, but you're basing the criticism on an erroneous assumption that this transporter effect's appearance should flow directly from the appearance of the transporter in an entirely different universe.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote