View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 01:55 PM   #47
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: New Treknology Into Darkness

stj wrote: View Post
How can the phrase "cold fusion" be reconciled as somehow referring to the previous?
I just hope the term means something completely different in the 23rd century because otherwise it's a bit silly.

How can the Enterprise be bigger on the inside than the outside?
It isn't. Or it's a TARDIS.

How can concrete floors be a useful spaceship construction material?
I didn't spot that.

stj wrote: View Post
The first thing that really hurt suspension of disbelief were the scenes with the swimmers effortlessly swimming down. After all, a split second before they didn't even have masks on!
They had mask when they got inside the ship.

B.J. wrote: View Post
Assuming that the order they have those pics in matches the arrangement on the desk, then the ringship was *before* the Phoenix. Considering that everything else was arranged chronologically, what does that mean for the history of warp flight? Perhaps the ringship was an earlier failed experiment? Or maybe not quite failed, just a stepping stone to actual FTL flight?
No I think it was post-Phoenix. An early Vulcan-like annular warp drive design, from what I read. Of course we don't have anything official on it.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote