View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 10:25 AM   #75
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Have cultural standards gotten lower?

Pingfah wrote: View Post
Thanks RJ, I can't listen to the music at work, so i'll check that out tonight. I like the look of the video though.
They have a bunch of good stuff. They sell through Amazon-- possibly iTunes, too, though I don't know.

I like the look of that CD Baby too, although I imagine you would need to professionally record if you wnt to have a chance of selling stuff. The 8 track machine should be good, but is probably only up to the quality for demoing stuff.
That I don't know. My friend rented a studio for his album. But your stuff certainly sounds fine to me.

And no, Misunderstood was an old band track, I did write it, but that is 14 years old now. We recorded it on a windows 95 PC!
Wow. It sounds fine to me. I still have it and still listen to it.

Here is my most recent effort, recorded especially for the TNZ denizens to celebrate the coming apocalypse last year, had a bit of trouble with the vocal levels, but other than that I quite like the recording:
Very nice. I don't see why that can't be released on CD or as a digital download.

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Standards of Culture only lower when expression is barred, prevented or limited, yes?
If you mean "barred, prevented or limited" by authorities, then I would disagree. That's certainly one reason, but the Arts can also be invigorated by repression. As I said before, History is rife with cultures going through alternating Golden Ages and Dark Ages-- that's why those terms exist. It's cyclic. Right now we happen to be in the trough-- another crest will come someday.