View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 04:54 AM   #22
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: The Sisko/Picard scene in "Emissary"

I don't think Picard had any right to 'chew out' Sisko for being pissed. I mean, Locutus was responsible for Jennifer's death. I think it would be hard for anyone to completely separate Picard from his actions as Locutus when they were such an up-close-and-pesonal victim of those actions. If Picard didn't know and appreciate that, then he has no conscience at all.

Yes... I think the conversation was intended to pass the baton and perhaps put a bit a distance between the two shows - give DS9 it's own identity. But asking Sisko to just forgive and forget without even a comment or attitude would have been pretty unrealistic, so I think they played it just right. For Sisko to just forgive and forget without struggle would be like a murder victim's husband in our own day, just forgiving and forgetting a criminal who had murdered his wife just because that criminal was found insane.

It's hard to do something like that - at least right away. Getting to forgiveness can take a long time.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote