View Single Post
Old May 25 2013, 04:25 AM   #15
Dream
Admiral

Re: "Fast and Furious 6" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

I just saw the movie. Loved it. Excellent.

I like the opening credits scene, which showed clips from all the movies.

All main characters were great as always. Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, and especially Michelle Rodriguez brought their A games. All the characters from Fast Five returned, I always thought Fast Five was the Avengers of the franchise that they brought everyone together, and they did a great job developing them in this. Dom and Hobbs were excellent at bringing the badass into all their scenes. One of the things I really love about this franchise is how funny it is, Roman stole the show with his one liners. The only negatives I will say is that the main bad guy is pretty forgettable. Also I wish that Jordana Brewster had gotten more to do, instead of just playing mom.

This movie really topped the fifth movie in terms of action. The one incredible sequence with the tank that played in the trailers rocked, and was the highlight. The climax with the plane was so intense. I liked that the ending wasn't completely happy. Justin Lin is a master at shooting exciting action scenes, I can actually tell what was going on in all of them unlike in the Michael Bay films.

There stinger shown right before the credits was great, and nice setup for the next movie. The audience I was with cheered at all the action and laughed at all the jokes. They seemed to be having lots of fun.

I've seen all the Fast movies now, with the exception of the second which I will now be checking out. I hope Roman is as entertaining as he is in that movie compared to these two newest movies.