View Single Post
Old May 24 2013, 06:57 PM   #26
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

Re: Have you heard of this College?

Kenbushway wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
Kenbushway wrote: View Post

I am meeting with an adviser about that when I return to my current college this summer. If I can do it elsewhere then I will but its all about money and location; preferably my graduate degree.
In order to get into a graduate program, you will need a bachelor's degree of some kind. A community college will only give you an associate's degree; you will need to transfer your credits to an accredited four-year institution and complete undergraduate coursework there before you even think of a graduate program. You're trying to plan Step J when you're actually needing to focus on Step B.
Georgia Highlands is a 4 year institution.
Not according to their own website.

Founded in 1970 as a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia, the college is non-residential and maintains six sites in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas and Douglasville. In 2011, the Board of Regents approved a sector change to state college, a designation that means GHC can begin to offer a limited number of baccalaureate degrees. A Bachelor of Science in nursing has been identified as the first such degree. The first class to pursue the BSN will begin classes fall 2013. Other four-year programs that meet the demands of GHC’s service area will be added during the next decade.
Might want to focus on getting your undergrad work taken care of before you start getting pie-in-the-sky dreams of a master's degree in physics.