View Single Post
Old May 24 2013, 06:23 PM   #25
Kenbushway
Captain

Re: Have you heard of this College?

Timby wrote: View Post
Kenbushway wrote: View Post
Spot's Meow wrote: View Post

Normally folks go to a different university for their Master's degree than they did for their Bachelor's degree. You can go to the same school for both, it's usually just preferred to have some variety in experience and on your resume. Also, many schools may have strong graduate programs in a specific area but not a very strong undergraduate program in the same subject, or vice versa. Do you want to go to Georgia Tech for your undergraduate or graduate degree?
I am meeting with an adviser about that when I return to my current college this summer. If I can do it elsewhere then I will but its all about money and location; preferably my graduate degree.
In order to get into a graduate program, you will need a bachelor's degree of some kind. A community college will only give you an associate's degree; you will need to transfer your credits to an accredited four-year institution and complete undergraduate coursework there before you even think of a graduate program. You're trying to plan Step J when you're actually needing to focus on Step B.
Georgia Highlands is a 4 year institution. Its also expensive. Chattahoochee tech offers science classes, I am just trying to see how much I can get for cheap. Like I said its all about money.
Kenbushway is offline   Reply With Quote