View Single Post
Old May 24 2013, 06:14 PM   #41
Salvek
Lieutenant

Re: D'deridex-class Warbird Maneuverability

The interesting thing about the discussion of the D'deridex-class Warbird Maneuverability is the only canon source is the discussion of it maximum warp speed in the "The Tin Man"-when it is shown moving in anything besides a straight line -usually in a turning away from the Enterprise it does not appear sluggish at all. (sadly the realities of FX and ship model limitation) -mean it appears in some DS9 shots to be just moving in a straight line or still
Its Maneuverability became a hot topic in the Star Trek Line forums as its games statistics appeared to agree with its a slug-but what i saw was how much "myth" comes from each subjective take on a vessels capabilities from seconds or more footage from a battle scene -It can be staggering to read
One poster explained to new player that the D'Deridex had a weak frame because it took hits from the Chin'toka orbital platforms -but every other ship Fed or Klingon took hits and faired no better.
I would love if they put a D'Deridex Warbird tech manual out to answer this.
Being a fan of the Ship -i have found it odd that so many are confused or have issue over its large central empty area. To me it said "alien" design that simple why would they conform to our design (Human) why cannot form be over function-if they can practice AQS tech - I can accept a ship design that is different in layout.