View Single Post
Old May 24 2013, 12:05 AM   #858
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Fox has the rights to "Fantastic Four" and "X-Men" as long they continue to develop them into feature films, yes. Same thing with Sony Pictures and "Spider-Man". Neither of them will relinquish or sell off these rights as long as they're making truck loads of cash with them.

Also Marvel wasn't "stupid" about anything...they were in bankruptcy and needed the cash and these character rights were very valuable assets.
Still, who gives up the rights to their characters in a big form of media basically forever? I guess, from what you say, they didn't have much choice, but you'd think they would have put some kind of time limit on the rights, even if its a few decades.

Dream wrote: View Post
The one thing that really annoys me...

He's shooting first, so presumably, he will win the showdown in terms of being the first to define the character on film. Marvel has larger plans for the character, though, and wants to use him for more than just one action sequence.

A huge weakness with all the X-men movies are the characters that make an appearance just because of an action scene and are never mentioned again. Joss was actually going to make Quicksilver a prominent member of the Avengers. I really hope QS in DOFP doesn't discourage Joss from using QS and and Scarlett Witch in Avengers 2.

Yeah, that kind of thing sucks. I was really ticked off by Colossus in X3. I like the character, but he got literally one line the entire movie. Hopefully Whedon will be able to use the characters, as much as I'm excited for DOFP, he'll probably use them better than the X-men movie will.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote