View Single Post
Old May 23 2013, 06:26 PM   #20
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Hannibal (TV series)

Borgminister wrote: View Post
While it is different and sometimes interesting, there's only so many human hearts, lungs and livers being prepared that I can stomach.
His dinner guests seemed to stomach it pretty well...

Sorry, you set it up and I just couldn't resist.

Pingfah wrote: View Post
I love this show. Mads is so great in the part, he plays the part with perfect understatement. It's my favourite portrayal yet, narrowly beating out Brian Cox in Manhunter. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, but I think it will.

Given the popularity of the films, I am surprised this hasn't done better. Could it be it is just too grim for people to subject themselves to on a weekly basis? It's probably the darkest show on TV right now.

Can I recommend that people who enjoy Mads in this watch The Hunt? He is really very good in it.
The Hunt was one of the best films of the last year IMO and Mads was great, he really deserved his award in Cannes. Of course, his character in it is the polar opposite of Hannibal - a normal, nice guy accused of something horrible he didn't do and treated as a monster by his community.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I
I wonder if they'll ever show episode 4. It was pulled at the last minute.
It was shown outside of the US, I've seen it. I thought it was rather silly that it was pulled. It was less gory than some of the others, and the subject matter had nothing to do with Boston. Apparently Fuller wanted it pulled because it was about kids using guns to kill. So what?

Saul wrote: View Post
My gripe is that there are no normal killers on this show. They're all a bunch of wannabe artists. How many times can we see someone's guts displayed in a different manner and how likely is it that one place could have so many of these nut jobs running around at the same time.
There are lots of "normal" killers, but they aren't investigated by Jack's Unit for Behavioral Science, or if they are, Jack doesn't need Will's help to understand their behavior.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch

Last edited by DevilEyes; May 23 2013 at 10:49 PM.
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote