View Single Post
Old May 23 2013, 05:29 PM   #144
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Offiical XBox (3) Launch Thread

throwback wrote: View Post
Our family has discussed which game console we would buy. We have decided on the PS4.
I think it's still way, way too early to choose which console to buy right now. Yes, right now the PS4 appears to be better than the XBO, but there's still too many unknowns about both consoles. MS have already moved to contain the backlash by announcing that they haven't finalised their DRM strategy yet, and we still haven't seen any of those exclusive games that they're going to reveal at E3. Meanwhile, Sony have been somewhat cagey about their DRM strategy and are likely being pressured by publishers to do something similar to MS, and they haven't confirmed whether they will shove online features behind a paywall like MS. On top of all of that, we don't know the price of either console.

Personally, I plan to wait 3 months to a year after the release of both consoles before choosing which one (if any) I plan to purchase. I don't want to be the one that bought this generation's Dreamcast, although I probably wont as I have no intention of buying a Wii U.