View Single Post
Old May 23 2013, 12:45 PM   #61
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Re: Had we ever seen imperial democracies in Trek?

Sci wrote: View Post
horatio83 wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
I expect you'd have a great career in the Catholic Church. They pander that mea culpa original sin thing, too.
Which part of past generation as in "not me but the guys who existed before me" do you not understand? Ignorance is not bliss, history is there to learn from it.
Exactly.

The notion that we should only ever identify with "our" ancestors and never criticize them is especially odd to me, because I have ancestors on both sides of the Indian/European conflicts. Why should I identify with my European ancestors over my Native American ancestors? I'd be equally non-existent without either of them.
What part of hectoring, moralistic, grandstanding do you enjoy most. Never mind, your next long winded self-satisfied report from the moral high ground won't be anymore interesting than any of your others.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote