View Single Post
Old May 23 2013, 10:03 AM   #27
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: What else is coming?

diankra wrote: View Post
Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Candlelight wrote: View Post

Mission and Master Plan WERE sold to Australia; they purchased an order of 20 episodes from Galaxy 4 Episode 1 to The Daleks Master Plan Episode 12 (minus The Feast of Steven) but ultimately chose not to show them.
No, Australia didn't purchase those stories. As diankra says, the ABC were sent prints of those 20 episodes for evaluation in advance of possible purchase, and ended up purchasing Galaxy 4 and The Myth Makers but, due to censor judgments, not Mission to the Unknown or the 11-episode version of The Daleks' Master Plan. And that's why there were no other overseas sales-- other countries relied on Australia to cover the bulk of the rights clearance costs, and because they hadn't, no one else could afford those particular stories.
That's what I was about to query, whether Australia had actually bought and paid for Mission/Masterplan, as the current received wisdom is that ABC didn't, so that meant the clearances weren't done, so Worldwide couldn't sell them anywhere else - at least not at the prices the other stations could afford given their small audiences.
But it's all open to change as new evidence turns up, and I might be out of date... not had the chance to get the new edition of Wiped! for starters...
No, they didn't, my bad:

http://gallifreybase.com/w/index.php...27_Master_Plan