View Single Post
Old May 22 2013, 07:52 PM   #92
ITL
Vice Admiral

Re: First World Problems

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
I bought a new laser printer last week because I'm tired of buying inkjet cartidges that cost half what the printer itself cost just to print a damn baseball game ticket or grocery coupon every now and then. It works perfectly, but the damn power light is this blue LED that has lights up the entire corner of the apartment, and being a studio apartment, that makes sleeping rather difficult. So when I turn off my computer at night I also turn off the printer and then turn it back on when I need it. Sure, it probably saves on electricity but geez, what an inconvenience.
I have a WD hard drive that has an array of bright white lights on the front of it that dance up and down all night like it's frackin' Christmas. The thing takes about a minute to shut down and nearly five minutes to boot up (and sometimes multiple tries to boot up), so I printed a dark purple rectangle on a transparency sheet and taped it over the lights. Worked great.
My DVD player has a really annoying and very bright display that's far too bright and annoyingly bright and annoying. So I prop a CD case in front of it.

However, sometimes it gets in the way of the IR beam from the remote handset and I have to shift it a little to the left. To do this, I have to get up out of my chair and move a few feet across the room. And back again.

It's a tale of woe, I tells ya.