View Single Post
Old May 22 2013, 02:23 PM   #40
Yorkshire Niner
Captain

Re: Into Darkness DS9 references (SPOILERS)

dub wrote: View Post
Yorkshire Niner wrote: View Post
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
From Harrison's reveal the film went down hill, then when they were just repeating the script from TWOK it plummetted.
Totally agree. I don't know if that TWOK scene was an attempt by Bad Robot's script monkeys to 'throw a bone' to us traditional Trekkies but I just felt insulted by it.
So it's not just me then. I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I couldn't stop face-palming in the theater. It's too bad, too, because for the most part I loved the first half of the film. But toward the end they went totally overboard with their version of a "Valentine to Trek fans." I don't mind throwing a quote in here and there, but there was way too much in the last half of the film. I just couldn't recover any positive feelings after
After all Jar Jar's efforts to build a new timeline so that he and his script-bots weren't beholding to any of that nasty continuity nonsense (that was sarcasm, by the way), lifting an entire scene from a 30 year old (superior) film smacked of nothing less than plagiarism.