View Single Post
Old May 22 2013, 06:33 AM   #712
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Any old timers still around?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
For those of you that were here when the board crashed at the turn of the century, Christian (Or an intern with his rubber stamp) "guessed" some of my personal statistics, which included my sign up date, while rebuilding the database.

He was off by 6 months.

Was that just me, or do a few of you now recall that you have to subtract 6 months, maybe a year from what your user profile incredibly claims to be your point of origin?
Yes, my join date in my profile is July 15, 2002, but I definitely joined before Enterprise premiered - or even had a title. I remember when the forum was created with the name "Series V".

I'm thinking I must have joined around in late 2000 or early 2001, because I didn't have a computer at home back then (I'm a programmer - the last thing I wanted to see when I got home from work is a computer!), so I would stay after hours at work and browse the board from my desk. My job there was outsourced in November 2002, IIRC (which is when I broke down and bought a computer), and I'd been here a while at that point.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote