View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 06:46 PM   #31
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: A response to the Nerd Rage. Spoilers

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Chu'lak wrote: View Post
No, i hate irrational ignorant people who scream things like "There was no prime directive in TOS!"
Well, you could always hide in one of those threads titled "Only People Who Liked the Movie Post Here" to psychologically reinforce your view that the movie was great and nobody anywhere has any legitimate reason for not liking it. Then you can continue with like-minded fans to generalize anyone with a different viewpoint and never have to be challenged by any other view.
I think it's great that we have diverse opinions about the various series and films. This would be a pretty boring place otherwise. What confuses me is when someone says it 'isn't Star Trek' then uses something that Trek has done all along as reasoning. That usually scores a big 'what the fuck?' from me.

BillJ wrote:
http://io9.com/damon-lindelof-admits...tuit-508967420

Is it any more gratuitous than Sherry Jackson's camel toe in What are Little Girls Made Of? Or any more gratuitous than the cat suits worn by Jeri Ryan or Jolene Blalock?

It amazes me how short some Trek fans memories are.