View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 06:17 PM   #5
aeriolewinters
Lieutenant

Re: A response to the Nerd Rage. Spoilers

Star Trek Into Darkness is actually clever in making its title: The film tackles the cynicism in Starfleet(as Symbolized by Admiral Marcus' actions), and the urge to give in into Darkness. The film really sends a strong message against cynicism, and vendettas,Notice that in this film, the Enterprise never actually fires a single phaser bank, other than to protect itself... Now replay that scene where Scotty laments on Starfleet's darker path. People whining about Abrams not respecting the whole positivism of the franchise need a reality check: They're the ones actually being the cynics. They're the ones riddling everything with negativity. Irony at its best. Yes, I love almost all Trek films, I've started watching them while I was a kid, and I loved them, especially TWoK and TVH. I simply don't understand why people try their hardest to put down JJ's version of Trek:

To quote the undiscovered country:

It's about the future, Madame Chancellor. Some people think the future means the end of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet. Your father called the future the undiscovered country. People can be very frightened of change.

Sorry. Using the death scene from TWOK does not make this fil "fresh and exciting" IMO.
Two differing circumstances. Two different death scenes. That's the actual trick. It may seem like the same scene but how both scenes were used in their respective films are really different.