View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 01:09 PM   #66
Belz...
Fleet Captain

Re: I am taking command of the fleet.

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Quick?
Not even close.
It took the borg a year to send a single cube, when it could send thousands in days.
Correction: it took it a year to get there. The transwarp hub thing was invented at the end of Voyager. And if they could do that, why not send a thousand, destroy the federation, and get back in time for dinner ? That way they _also_ get to keep their cubes back home.

"Why give them more time to develop defenses ?"
Because the borg does not care about all these species enough to actually make a serious attempt at assimilating them.
Again, speculation.

And, seeing that the borg has MILLIONS of cubes, tech FAR more advanced that the federation and is assimilating new species, technology and territory/resources at an impressive rate, the borg can not only crush the federation at any time it feels like it, it can do the same thing in the future (even if, by some miracle, the federation manages to close the technology gap, the numerical gap remains overwhelming).
That's not helping your argument. If they can do so at any time, and have demonstrated the intention of doing so, why don't they ?

Your turn, Belz - let us see your arguments for your position. Unless, of course, you can only write unsupported dictums.
Ironic, since you now several times have stated your opinion about what the Borg think.

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote