View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 01:05 PM   #328
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Emh wrote: View Post
The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
That implication is just as bad as the notion The Master has been hearing "the sound of drums" since he gazed into the Eye of Harmony, which is a notion I utterly despise
What's wrong with it?
In both cases, as Starkers suggested with The Master, there's absolutely no indication of such a thing has happened over such a long period of time (both in universe and in real time).

VDCNI wrote: View Post
I think it was the About Time books who suggested if he has been hearing drumming all this time driving him slightly mad it would explain why he never seemed to realise alien races would double cross him, used ridiculously convoluted plans, disguised himself when there was no need to and why he pursued low level villany like trying to disrupt the signing of the Magna Carta.
Interesting, which book states that and where? I have all of them but I've read small sections of each so far. (And on a completely off topic note, are they ever going to do books for Eccleston and Tennant?)
I don't remember it from About Time, but Russell T Davies himself said in Doctor Who Magazine that the drums must have been particularly loud on the day The King's Demons happened.

About Time 7, which will cover Series 1 & 2 (2005-06) will be out this September: http://madnorwegian.com/713/books/sf...series-1-to-2/