View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 07:46 AM   #312
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
The implications of River's appearance are still rolling around my head. Are we to take it, from her dialogue, that her echo has been following the Doctor around since the Library, talking to him like some sort of Greek chorus? First, that's not only a couple of centuries that she's been following him, he's been listening to her, etc., but that's also a couple of centuries where her echo has witnessed the Doctor interacting with her living self.
Hm, I hadn't thought about that situation in that way. That implication is just as bad as the notion The Master has been hearing "the sound of drums" since he gazed into the Eye of Harmony, which is a notion I utterly despise (I like to think he's been hearing them since the Time War but I realize the episode goes against that).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote